Be Careful What You Don't Wish For

The biggest curse of my life right now is the fact that I took forever to realize what I love. It was staring me in the face and I was completely oblivious: movies. I love writing. I love being "on stage" , even though it scares the hell out of me. To put it bluntly: acting, screenwriting, directing, etc. And now I feel like I'm too old to do anything about it. I'm utterly sick of regular college. I can't afford film school. I never joined any acting circles, mostly because they weren't available to me (damn sheltered childhood). I know, I'm complaining again. I'm just having one of those days where I'm tempted to bash my head against the wall for my stupidity/blindness.
I'd kill to move to London, go to film school, and get a job in the film industry. Sadly, like I said...I'm broke, and no matter how much I save up it will be too late by the time I have enough. I mean I wouldn't even be going to regular college if it wasn't for financial aid (although that's looking rather dim now too). I think my only real shot now is to try and make one of my short films, and do my best to get it into the right hands. Either that or quite college and work as a secretary making barely enough to pay rent...Here's for hoping for a big break ::crosses fingers::


Comments

  1. I know this is an old post and dont know if film is still calling you but if it is please dont give up. It sounds dumb but it really is never too late :-)
    - Zappy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Masochists Anonymous

YOU ARE SHALLOW! or settling...

Roadtrips