YOU ARE SHALLOW! or settling...

The world is broken up into two groups of people: the people that settle and the people that are shallow. Okay, I can imagine the completely confused look on your face right now, and the temptation to just completely skip over what you think is BS, but hear me out.

Now when I say shallow, I mean shallow as in people that look at the surface and not much else when they're looking for a significant other. (Yes, I know I'm using the term a bit loosely, but its the definition we are most familiar with in society.) Now, you're thinking, "That's not true. I've fallen for people for their personality before." And to you I say bullshit. Stop lying to yourself. You fell for that person because you liked the way they looked. Then you continued liking them because you liked the way they looked AND realized they had a tolerable, or dare I say, interesting personality.

And now I say to you, what is wrong with that? Looks are influenced by perception. I, myself, have went out with many a guy I thought was adorable/hot/fucktastic, yet I had quite a few friends beg to differ. So obviously its human nature to go out with someone you see as desirable, and obviously looks are going to play a big part of that. I mean no one wants to make face with a guy that has a hitler 'stache and practically non-existent lips. (And if you do then you have serious issues, which makes you a very small exception to my theory.)

Now you're thinking, "That's not true, I've went out with people I didn't find physically desirable." And I say, yes you likely have. The reason for that is that you were settling. And before you deny it, ask yourself these questions: Was there passion? Did you feel good about yourself when you were/weren't around this person? Did you look forward to seeing this person? and so on. Now if you've said no to any of these questions then, shocker, YOU WERE SETTLING. I know. You feel horrible about yourself. How could you not have seen it before?

Now there's good news and bad news. The good news is that whatever category you are in now, you'll likely switch a hundred times before you settle down with someone (hopefully while you're in shallow stage. We all would like to have that trophy spouse that is actually amazing in bed and can hold a conversation). Now the bad news is, if you get married in the settling stage, well there's obviously a reason that people cheat on their wives/husbands (10% of whom actually admitted it to researchers, so how many of that 90% have but won't admit it?) So good luck with that strong will and staying together for the kids. I salute you, people that can be in a loveless marriage (and will never allow myself to become you).






Well hope this made you think about life, love, and unfaithfulness a bit. Hopefully, you weren't an idiot who took this too seriously. I mean its a blog by a girl who actually wrote a twilight review for fuck's sake.

Out.

Comments

  1. Brilliant. Very true! Especially about people settling. Dont sell yourself short! Your writing is very thought provoking. Consider me subscribed. Keep it up!
    -Zappy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Masochists Anonymous

Roadtrips